Wednesday 1 July 2009

Personal Season 09/10 Preview

Its far too early in pre-season (which for most teams hasn’t even started yet) to start making my yearly predictions (and see how laughably wrong they are). Therefore this post is to detail some upcoming events and changes to the blog.

Firstly, the pictures that have been taken during games will now be trusted to my new phone. As I am a phone geek and enjoy new phones, this season’s pictures will be taken by:

lg-arena-36

The LG Arena. Before I turn this post into a phone love fest, I’ll stop here. It will be interesting to see if there is any difference between the pictures the Arena takes and my old phone, LG Viewty.

Its first real test will be on the 5th July to my mystery non-football location. Which I’ll now reveal is….. SILVERSTONE! The home of British Motor Racing will host the UK leg of the Renault World Series on the 4-5th July and I’ll be going on the Sunday to view some motorsport action. I’m looking forward to writing the report about that day.

I’ve also got some early season fixtures planned, the box over on the left details the ones coming up soon, but here is a provisional list of games I hope (and I stress hope) to attend over the course of the season.

13th July - RRFC Montegnee vs Yeovil (Southwest Challenge Cup – played @ Appledore FC)

17th July - Yeovil vs Grimsby (Southwest Challenge Cup – played @ Torrington FC)

16th August – Barnstaple Town vs Tavistock (FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round)

29th September – Preston NE vs Reading (English Championship)

10th/17th October – Annan Athletic vs Montrose/Stranraer (Scottish 3rd Division)

5th December – Hamilton Academicals vs Hearts (Scottish Premier Division)

2nd January – Exeter City vs Carlisle United (English League 1)

23rd January – Queen of the South vs Dundee (Scottish Division 1)

20th February – Wigan vs Spurs (English Premiership)

10th April – Torquay United vs Rochdale (English League 2)

8th May – Morecambe vs Aldershot Town *last game at Christie Park* (English League 2)

These fixtures are provisional of course and I’ll know more games to see when the non-league fixtures start coming out over the coming weeks. While writing this it has also come to my attention that Plymouth Argyle are set to host a leading SPL club on the 29th July. That club is heavily rumoured to be Hearts. KA-CHING.

I hope to this season plan to write at least a post a week, even if it is utter dross. So I’ll be returning to more football snapshots and famous players articles whilst also trying to get some of my sporting articles published in other places.

With the 09/10 season officially about to start (it started yesterday to be fair), good luck to all teams this season (except Hibs) and enjoy the football.

No comments:

Post a Comment